Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Comparing lights

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/06/05/comparing-energy-efficient-lighting-technologies-infographic/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IM-cleantechnica+%28CleanTechnica%29

This compares high density discharge, fluorescent, induction, and LED lights to each other. HID lights are described as highly inefficient, but useful for diverse climates and lots of light. Fluorescent are the most flexible and cheapest, used the most currently. Induction lights last a really long time so they are useful for high ceilings where changing lights is expensive. Finally LED lights are the most expensive, but most energy efficient and diverse, so they are foreseen as the lights of the future.

This article caught my attention because I didn't know that much about lighting and it interested me. Once again with my interests in alternative energies. I loved how this article is presented. The tables, graphs, and diagrams give a lot information in very little space. After reading this article I feel they covered everything because I don't have any questions left.

No comments:

Post a Comment